Fault handling method
1) Check whether the communication serial port settings in the host software are consistent with the actual connection of the communication conversion interface.
2) Check whether the communication conversion interface is firmly connected to the serial port of the host.
3) Check whether the power supply of conversion interface is normal (power light is always on).
4) If the above conditions are normal, restart the computer and try again. If you still cannot control it, there may be a problem with transform interface itself. If you have any conditions, please replace one and try it.
5) When conversion interface is running normally, the PTZ cannot be controlled. Check whether the control protocol and baud rate of the PTZ selected by the monitoring software and the decoder itself match (note that the instructions for using the host and decoder are read).
6) check whether the positive and negative polarity of the control line between the communication conversion interface and the decoder is correct.
7) check whether the wiring of the control line connected between the decoder and the tripod head and the lens is correctly connected, and pay special attention to that the public terminal must not be connected incorrectly.
8) check whether the relay of the decoder can work normally when controlling the decoder (there is a clicking sound). If the relay does not work properly, check whether the fuse of the decoder is normal. If fuse is normal, you can use a multimeter to test whether the control voltage output is normal.
9) check whether the PTZ is normal.
Code turn light does not flash
Software settings (the light does not flash, mainly because the code converter is not working, first start with software settings to solve this problem)
1. Decoder settings in the software (decoder protocol, COM port, baud rate, check bit, data bit, stop bit)
2. Replace a COM port (check whether the COM port is damaged),
3. Hardware. After the above settings, it still cannot be used normally. Open the nine-pin to 25-pin converter interface. Whether connection test is 2-2,3-3,
5-7. If it is correct, check whether the power supply of the code converter is normal (the voltage and current test (9V,500MA) can be carried out by multimeter). If there is no problem, it can be judged that the code converter has been damaged.
Unable to control decoder
There is no relay sound in the decoder.
1. Check whether the decoder is powered.
2. Check whether the code converter has pulled out the output 485 signal.
3. Check whether the decoder protocol is set correctly
4. Check whether the baud rate setting is consistent with the decoder (check whether the address code setting is consistent with the selected camera (see the decoder manual for detailed address code drawing table)
5. Check whether the connection between the decoder and the code converter is wrong (1-485A,2-B; Some decoders are 1-485B,2-A)
6. Check whether the decoder works normally (the old decoder is powered on one minute after power off, and whether there is a self-test sound; When the software controls the PTZ, there will be voltage changes between the UP,DOWN,AUTO and other ports of the decoder and the PTCOM port, the change depends on the decoder 24VOR220V. Some decoders have switching signal changes on these ports). If there is, the decoder works normally. Otherwise, the decoder fails.
7. Check whether the fuse of the decoder has been burnt out.
Unable to control the PTZ
1. Check whether item 6 above is normal
2. Whether the 24V or 220V power supply port voltage of the decoder is output normally
3. Directly supply power to the UP, DOWN, and PTCOM lines of the PTZ to check whether the PTZ can work normally.
4. Check whether the power supply interface is connected incorrectly.
5. Check whether the circuit is connected incorrectly (the old decoder is UP, DOWN and other lines and PTCOM directly supply power to the pan-tilt, and each line is directly connected to the camera and the pan-tilt. Some decoders are independent power supply interfaces.
Some functions of PTZ control cannot be used
1. Unable to operate on the interface (unable to click or click without any response)
1.1 check the code conversion according to the above steps
1.2 install the corresponding PTZ control patch
1.3 notify suppliers
2. Click the time code turn light on or there is a relay ring in the decoder, but some functions cannot be controlled.
Check whether the wiring of the uncontrollable functional parts is correct, whether the PTZ, lens and other equipment are intact, whether the decoder function Port is voltage, and whether the switching value output is normal
3. The PTZ operation is abnormal during control
If the rotation cannot stop, first Test the port separately (power on the port directly for control). If it is normal, check whether the port corresponding to the decoder is working properly.
4. When opening the software, the video will produce mosaic